- It is the single-most important thing you can do to maintain your comfort system, maintain efficiency, and prolong the life of your home’s heating and cooling equipment.
- Dirty or clogged filters are a major source of heating and air conditioning system failures.
- Clean filters result in clean air by reducing indoor air pollution (dust, dander, mold spores and other contaminants), helping to keep you and your family healthier.
- For Spaceguard Filters, every 6 months or per manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Four-inch filters should be changed every 3 months.
- One-inch filters should be changed every month.
- Change your filter more frequently if:
- Your home is undergoing renovation.
- Someone in the home smokes.
- Someone in the home has allergies or asthma.
- If there are pets in the home.
- If there is noticeable dust build-up within the home.
Source for filter replacement frequency information: American Lung Association®
Do you or someone in your family suffer from asthma or airborne allergies? Learn more about ways to improve the quality of indoor air within your home. We offer many solutions to make your home a healthier home.