Ductless OverviewHow It Works
1. What Are Ductless Systems?
Ductless systems — also known as “mini-splits” — are electric, high-efficiency, heat-pump systems designed to heat and cool your living spaces to within a half of a degree and use up to 40 percent less energy than traditional heating and cooling methods.
Ductless heat pump systems pump cooled or heated refrigerant directly from the outdoor condensing unit to air-handling units through refrigerant lines. Each living space has its own air-handling unit, and each unit has its own controller.
2. Traditional System vs Ductless System...
In contrast to traditional heating and cooling systems with massive duct systems, ductless systems are more compact and straightforward, not to mention aesthetically appealing and cost-effective.
Home Comfort Experts is a Diamond Contractor for Mitsubishi Electric. We offer single-zone systems, which consist of an outdoor and indoor unit, and multi-zone outdoor units that can handle from two to eight indoor units in a variety of styles. As a Diamond Contractor, Home Comfort Experts offers customers a 12-year-parts and 12-year-labor warranty, better than any other HVAC company in our 12 service areas.
3. More Information About Ductless Systems...
- Indoor unit: Uses refrigerant in the coil to cool or heat air and quietly delivers where you need it in the living room space.
- Outdoor unit: Has an inverter-driven compressor pump that cools or warms refrigerant and sends it inside to an air handler through small pipes. Power and control wiring connects the outdoor to the indoor unit, also.
- Wireless controller: Conveniently allows occupants to adjust temperature, fan speed and more at the touch of a button.
Did You Know?
Mini-splits are electric high-efficiency heat pump systems that can heat and cool your spaces. Mini-splits are very sensitive to maintaining a temperature within a half a degree and with much less use of energy than traditional HVAC methods.
Energy EfficiencyDuctless vs Ductwork
- Hinders overall heating and cooling efficiency by around 25%.
- Distributes air through a network of leak-prone ducts.
- Heats or cools entire home or not at all.
- Saves up to 40% on heating/cooling bills.
- Distributes air directly from indoor unit into the conditioned space.
- Full control over temperature of any single room being occupied.