Your home isn’t really clean unless your air supply is also clean. Good indoor air quality is crucial for your family’s health and quality of life, since indoor air pollution can lead to allergic reactions, asthma flare-ups, headaches, fatigue and even concentration problems.
Today’s well-insulated homes are great on the energy-efficiency front, but they also have the tendency to trap stale, contaminated air inside.
Harmful bacteria and viruses along with lung irritants such as pollen, dust mites and pet dander may also build up on the inner components of your home comfort system. The buildup can cause your system’s performance to suffer and energy bills to increase. Your system’s useful life may even be cut short. How can you tell if your home would benefit from duct cleaning? Ask yourself these questions:
- Is mold growing in your duct system? According to the EPA, duct cleaning is in order if there is significant visible fungi growth inside ductwork or on other internal parts of your HVAC system. They recommend professional testing to verify that suspected material is mold.
- Have your ducts become infested with vermin, mouse droppings or insects?
- Is your ductwork lined with debris and releasing it into your home through supply registers?
- Is it time to have your air conditioning and heating system cleaned? The EPA recommends that combustion heating systems, stoves or fireplaces be inspected annually to help prevent carbon monoxide poisoning. Preventive maintenance such as cleaning internal parts should be included. Consider having duct cleaning done at the same time for best results.
- Does your local HVAC professional recommend it? Your heating and cooling contractor can advise you after an inspection of the system. Be sure to ask questions to be sure your contractor is knowledgeable and experienced. He/she should use the latest HEPA duct cleaning technology with excellent filtration capabilities and have a procedure for safely disposing of buildup after it’s removed from the duct system.
To learn more about advanced HEPA-AIRE duct cleaning, contact the Home Comfort Experts. Visit our website to learn more or just pick up the phone. Serving the Mishawaka and South Bend areas, we’re always happy to help.