By Todd Mann, president
HVAC companies usually lose money on in-home tune-ups, but we value creating a trusting relationship with you; that’s why we do them at personal loss to the company. However, some companies undercut and undersell their tune ups to the point where they are cutting corners. YOUR corners.
Know what you’re paying for. A precision tune up for a furnace should include:
- Camera inspection of furnace heat exchanger
- Measure and adjust gas pressure for peak efficiency
- Vacuum blower compartment
- Test ignition system for safe and proper operation
- Test safety and control circuits for proper operation
- Test exhaust system for proper venting
- Measure temperature differences- Supply / Return
- Inspect and adjust fan belt tension
- Calibrate and level thermostat
- Brush, clean and vacuum burner
- Brush, clean and vacuum heat exchangers
- Test furnace flame for safe burn operation
- Inspect filter
- Lubricate all moving parts, per manufacturer
- Measure amperage and voltage of blower motor
- Tighten and inspect all electrical wiring
- Clean upper and lower combustion vents
- Inspect for combustible material around furnace
- Test for gas leaks
- Clean furnace exterior
Doing the job right means your furnace tune up takes an hour-and-a-half to two hours and you shouldn’t feel pressured to buy, buy, buy. Our technicians will inform you of your current system’s health and offer you choices.
Home Comfort’s biggest selling point is “technicians you can trust with your house keys.” That means extremely well-trained and very safe staff with procedures and policies in place to keep you informed. Read more here.
You can always join an annual maintenance contract – ours is called the Comfort Club – to ensure you are always getting timely tune-ups on your air conditioner, furnace AND plumbing system. Read more about our Comfort Club here.
Your furnace needs some TLC
If you forgot a furnace tune-up this past fall, it’s still a good idea to get one. We know, you’re probably thinking, “What good would it do me now?” Well, your furnace has probably runs non-stop for months at a time in the winter and accumulates dust and debris that blocks essential parts that keep your furnace running. Did you know that 40% of all breakdowns are caused by dirt buildup? Simply having us clean and inspect your system will save you from costly problems in the future.
Also, a tune-up is a great way to prepare your system for when it starts to get warm! Since your furnace and air conditioner share a lot of the same parts when they operate, taking care of the basics of one system actually helps the other. Because they work hand-in-hand, having your furnace tuned up will make your entire system will work more efficiently.
So, don’t delay! Just call the number below, or go to callhomecomfort.com
and click to schedule.
Why do you need a fall tune-up? Read more about it here.