Your HVAC system is a major part of your home’s infrastructure. Keeping it maintained and in optimal operating condition is key to your family’s comfort throughout the year. Getting a long life out of your HVAC equipment and making sure it operates efficiently to save money on utility bills needs to be a top household priority. After all, the furnace and air conditioner system is the heart of the home.
When your air conditioner fails during a heat wave or your heater goes down on the coldest of winter nights, you want to be assured the HVAC technician who is dispatched to help is professionally trained, mechanically capable, and able to quickly and correctly pinpoint and fix the problem.
Features of a good HVAC technician include an integration of many skills and capabilities – some that come naturally, and others that are formally taught through their education.
- Mechanical Skills – While education programs teach this, a good HVAC technician will be a natural at mechanical skills, being comfortable with the assembly, disassembly, repair and programming of a wide array of HVAC systems.
- Detail Oriented – Being organized and able to maintain accurate records of home visits with work that was performed and equipment used builds an invaluable database of client history and builds trust.
- Problem-Solving Skills – A good HVAC and plumbing technician has to be good on his or her feet and able to quickly diagnose a problem based on client feedback. Deduction, trouble shooting and good diagnostic skills are a must.
- Professional Development – Willingness to continue learning is imperative in an industry where new products and technologies are continually advancing – particularly in the current focus on enhanced energy efficiency trends.
- Education – Technicians can acquire formal credentials through programs that run from 6 months to 2 years. At Home Comfort Experts we have an ongoing in-house training program of more than 200 hours each year. A new technician may take three years before he or she is allowed to go solo on home visits.
- Certified – The US EPA requires all technicians who work with refrigerants be certified in its proper handling.
- Licensed – In addition to a thorough education and certification our company is licensed in the state of Indiana and Michigan.
- Drug-Tested, Background Checked – HVAC and plumbing technicians are welcomed into people’s homes and, therefore, at Home Comfort Experts we only hire people who can pass these tests and randomly test throughout a technician’s career with us.
At Home Comfort Experts, you can rest assured our professional HVAC technicians are fully trained and experienced, certified and licensed – but that is not where our expertise and qualifications end.
A premier customer experience is what we offer and you can expect when you deal with our staff. From the moment you contact us until we complete your heating, cooling or plumbing project – you can rest assured you will receive client-focused, professional and trustworthy service.
What to Expect from Our Technicians
Our HVAC technicians are licensed certified and professionally trained to work on all makes and models. Additionally, we hire people who can provide you with an excellent customer service experience. You can instill your trust in our staff and here is what you can expect from your technicians:
- Passed background and drug tests.
- Professionally trained to work on all models of furnaces and air conditioners.
- An email or text of a photo of your technician prior to their arrival.
- Detailed up-front pricing so there are no surprises.
- Arriving on time in uniforms with visible ID badges.
- Usage of tarps and shoe covers to keep your floors clean.
- Taking the time to explain the repairs and answer any questions.
Contact our Home Comfort Experts professionals today at (574).255.4600 to learn more about how our technician experts work hard to keep your cool air blowing cold during hot summer days. We have services in 12 locations including South Bend, Mishawaka, Plymouth, LaPorte, Elkhart, Columbia City and Fort Wayne in Indiana, and Niles and St. Joseph in Michigan. We offer specials and financing assistance to help meet your budget needs.