Homes are built much tighter now than in previous eras, meaning we do not experience a lot of air leaks in or out. News homes don’t experience the “drafty room” label of yesteryear. The down side to this efficiency, however, is that our homes can become a petri dish for bacteria and viruses, making family members, particularly those who suffer from allergies or asthma, sick. Home air filtration systems are an easy and economical solution to boost the indoor air quality of your home, making sure the air you breathe is clean and free of particles including pollen, pet dander, dust mites, bio-aerosols and dirt.
Related Read: Stop Asthma and Allergy Flare Ups This Spring
Sealing Bad Air In
A house with a too-tight envelope can actually seal bad air inside. Whole-home air filtration systems are an economical solution and universal in that they can be connected to virtually any HVAC system.
How Air Purifiers Work
Air purifying systems utilize fans to pull the air in your home through filters that remove harmful particles including bacteria, dust and pollen.
Benefits of air purifiers:
- Combat seasonal allergies.
- Stop sickness from spreading to your family.
- Neutralize smoke from wood stoves and even smoking.
- Remove unpleasant odors.
- Trap dust and airborne allergens from pets.
Some Sobering Statistics
Home Comfort experts specialize in offering indoor air quality services that can help ease your mind, based on these sobering environmental facts:
- The EPA has stated hazardous pollutants in indoor air have been found to be up to 60 times greater than outdoor air.
- Allergy and asthma experts estimate that nearly half of all illnesses are caused by poor indoor quality.
- The EPA now ranks indoor air among the top five environmental health risks.
We offer an array of air filtration systems to keep your indoor air clean and your family healthy. Among our offerings are:
- HEPA filtration and duct cleaning
- Ultraviolet air disinfection
- Electrostatic air cleaners
- Duct sealing
- Dryer vent cleaning
- High efficiency media air cleaner
Related Read: Improving Your Home’s Air Quality
Contact our air quality professionals at Home Comfort Experts today to find out how we can help improve your home’s air quality so you can breathe more easily and safely. We serve Northern Indiana and Southwestern Michigan from our 12 locations. Give us a call at (574) 255-4600 to learn more about our many options for enhancing the indoor air quality of your home.